Who We Are
The Virginia Association of Area Agencies on Aging (V4A), a private, non-profit 501(c) (3) organization, was established in 1976, to provide the following:
- Takes positions on relevant state & federal initiatives.
- Provides public education relevant to the needs of older Virginians.
- Acts as a liaison between national and state organizations and the Area Agencies on Aging.
- Serves as a link with the Virginia Department for the Aging and other public and private organizations promoting aging issues.
- Provides a network of information exchange among the Area Agencies on Aging.
Training & Education
- Promotes training and education activities.
- Provides opportunities for development of creative ideas, resources and discussion of potential solutions to problems faced by older Virginians.
V4A believes that there should be resources necessary to maintain a range of locally determined support services for older Virginians and their families.
V4A believes these services should help supplement family care in the setting of choice with the assurance of quality.
V4A believes care of the elderly is a family issue, impacting lifestyles, job performance and financial well-being.
The Virginia Association on Area Agencies also utilizes federal, state, local and private resources to operate the statewide Senior Medicare Patrol.
Senior Medicare Patrol
Preventing and Combating Heath Care Fraud, Waste and Abuse